8. Useful links
The following websites contain information for children and young people on staying safe:
- Anti- bullying Alliance
- Think u know
- Working together to safeguard children: Young person's guide
- Younger Persons Guide :Younger Children’s Guide to WT2015 (8 pages)
- Lawstuff Coram Children’s Legal Centre has launched Lawstuff, a website to help children and young people to find out about their rights
The Senior in Care Council and Off The Record have made a short film about what it is like to be in foster care. This film is useful to share in team meetings and training. What is Foster Care?
Understanding the work of the Local Safeguarding Children's Board, please see the Young Persons Guide the LSCB (2018)
Drug and Alcohol Information and Support
Young People’s Drug & Alcohol Service
FRANK is an independent government-funded service that offers information and advice about drugs.
Promotes evidence-based information on drugs, alcohol and tobacco
Why Not Find Out
Recommended by Project 28, this website has a lots of useful information about NPS (formerly legal highs including case studies and young people friendly video clips.
- NSPCC child sexual abuse
- Safe & Sound Short Films on sexual abuse
- Indecent images of children: guidance for young people
- Understanding Child Sexual Exploitation (Leaflet from Avon & Somerset Police)