8. Resources and Links
Care Act 2014:
- Care and Support Statutory guidance – Revised March 2016
- Local Government Association website (LGA) – details of all the changes in a useful table available now.
- Equalities Act 2010 – Discrimination: your rights
- DBS referral guides and factsheets
- Mental Capacity Act: making decisions
- Mental Capacity Act Code of Practice
Using the Mental Capacity Act in the Community Youtube film from Hounslow and Richmond Healthcare
Using the Mental Capacity Act in the Community accompanying booklet
- Modern Slavery – Home Office
- Stop Adult Abuse Leaflet
- Safeguarding leaflet – (easy read)
- FGM Leaflet (English)
- Self Neglect Leaflet
- Financial Abuse - tips
- NHS South of England Adult Safeguarding Prompt card 2014 which predates the Care Act revisions.
- 'Keeping safe in your own home' (booklet produced by the Association of Directors of Adult Social Services)
- Safeguarding Adult Review (SAR) Leaflet for Families and Carers
Making Safeguarding Personal - Leaflets about the Safeguarding Process
- LSAB Factsheet 1 - What Happens after Abuse is Reported?
- LSAB Factsheet 3 - What is a Planning Meeting or Planning Discussion?
- LSAB Factsheet 4 - What is a Safeguarding Enquiry?
- LSAB Factsheet 5 - What is a Safeguarding Review Meeting?
- LSAB Factsheet 6 - Information for Relatives and Friends
- LSAB Factsheet 7 - Information for Those Alleged to Have Caused Harm
Posters and cards
Safeguarding Adults Stakeholder event presentations (November 2015):
- 'Bleeding them dry' - financial abuse by mass marketing scams (North Somerset Trading Standards)
- Monitoring and Regulating Safeguarding (Care Quality Commission)
- Prevention in Adult Safeguarding - Helen Wakeling, B&NES Council
- Tissue Viability - good preventative practice - Helen Harris, Tissue Viability Nurse Specialist, Sirona Care & Health
- Safeguarding Adults Awareness Presentation
Female Genital Mutilation (FGM)
- FGM Poster
- FGM leaflet (English)
- FGM Leaflet (Arabic)
- FGM Leaflet (Indonesian)
- FGM Leaflet (Kurdish Sorani)
- FGM Leaflet (Pashto)
- FGM Leaflet (Urdu)
LSCB & LSAB FGM TRAINING SLIDES - please add to you single agency safeguarding training presentations using the general ones and then any additional slides as relevant:
- LSCB & LSAB FGM Awareness Training slides - General
- FGM Additional Awareness Training Slides - Health
- Mandatory Duty to Report (FGM) Oct 2015 https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/mandatory-reporting-of-female-genital-mutilation-procedural-information
- Department of Health Videos - to help healthcare professionals understand, safeguard and care for women and girls affected by female genital mutilation (FGM): https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/fgm-video-resources-for-healthcare-professionals
- Home Office FGM Unit website where other links to publications, guidance, posters and literature etc can be found by simply scrolling through the page. https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/female-genital-mutilation
Health Education England have, in partnership with NHS England and Department of Health, produced a short video for all frontline staff regarding Child Sexual Exploitation. These are the links: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sC4Nn_mYKu0https://hee.nhs.uk/our-work/developing-our-workforce/spotting-signs-child-sexual-exploitation
- NSPCC helpline on 0800 028 3550 (open 24 hours a day). Information is available on the NSPCC website: https://www.nspcc.org.uk/preventing-abuse/child-abuse-and-neglect/female-genital-mutilation-fgm/
- TV interview with DCI Leanne Pook regarding FGM. YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZ0IKNwaGw0
- Integrate Bristol: www.integratebristol.org.uk
[the video “EveryBody’s Business” is on this weblink – click on and scroll down
to Educational Resources and then click on Video Resources and scroll down till
you get to “EveryBody’s Business
- BAVA (Bristol Against Violence and Abuse): http://www.bava.org.uk/professionals/resources/
- FGM International Day of Zero Tolerance link: http://www.un.org/en/events/femalegenitalmutilationday/
Community Care Magazine: published tips for social workers concerned about FGM. Advice focuses on identifying FGM and working with families.
Source: Community Care Date: 01 June 2016
CQC Care Quality Commission (CQC) - the independent regulator of all health and social care services in England. The role of the commission is to make sure that care provided by hospitals, dentists, ambulances, care homes and services in people’s own homes and elsewhere meets government standards of quality and safety.
SCIE Social Care Institute for Excellence
SCIE Practice Issues for Serious Case Reviews (developed for childrens SCRs but equally useful learning for adults).
- GOV.UK use the search function for a wealth of information from safeguarding, PREVENT, Modern Slavery, DBS, Mental Capacity, FGM etc
This is Not an Excuse - Abuse is not normal and it's never acceptable http://www.thisisnotanexcuse.org/about/
Action on Elder Abuse - work to protect and prevent the abuse of vulnerable older adults. http://elderabuse.org.uk/
Care Quality Commission (CQC) - the independent regulator of all health and social care services in England. The role of the commission is to make sure that care provided by hospitals, dentists, ambulances, care homes and services in people’s own homes and elsewhere meets government standards of quality and safety. http://www.cqc.org.uk/
Nursing and Midwifery Council - As well as specific nursing and midwifery information there is also generic helpful safeguarding information including short.
films that would be of benefit for all to see.
Care Act Statutory Guidance Updated March 2016 - https://www.gov.uk/guidance/care-and-support-statutory-guidance
Local Government Association website (LGA) http://www.local.gov.uk/care-support-reform/-/journal_content/56/10180/7740017/ARTICLE#table
Social Care Institute for Excellence (SCIE) http://www.scie.org.uk/
GOV.UK – just use the search function for a wealth of information from safeguarding, PREVENT, Modern Slavery, DBS, Mental Capacity, FGM etc https://www.gov.uk/
Equalities Act 2010 – Discrimination: Your Rights https://www.gov.uk/discrimination-your-rights/types-of-discrimination
Modern Slavery Act 2015 https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/modern-slavery-bill
Support for Victims of Modern Slavery https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/support-for-victims-of-human-trafficking
Video – Stopping Modern Slavery in Business https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/stopping-modern-slavery-in-business-video/stopping-modern-slavery-in-business-video
Modern slavery – Home Office Information (July 2014) https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/modern-slavery-uk-action-to-tackle-the-crime
Unseen UK: working towards a world without slavery www.unseenuk.org
Unseen UK: bespoke training for organisations http://www.unseenuk.org/learn-more/frontline-professionals/training1
Unseen RIO Service (Resettlement, Integration & Outreach): : http://www.unseenuk.org/learn-more/frontline-professionals/accessing-rio-services
Anti-slavery Partnership: www.aspartnership.org.uk
Please see this video from Kirklees Council on safeguarding, please note that the conatct details are not relevant for B&NES service users.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsSs_fx4xHU
See this spoken word video from Cheshire East Service User Group about about Adult Abuse http://www.stopadultabuse.org.uk/home.aspx Please note that the video is for information and does not contain the correct contact details for B&NES.
Rogue Traders SCIE video: http://www.scie.org.uk/socialcaretv/video-player.asp?guid=a9255313-6c9a-4adb-9464-cdbfd1e47e56
Trading Standards: www.buywithconfidence.gov.uk
This is not an excuse - local domestic abuse website Helpline 0800 6949999