1. About the Board
The Bath and North East Somerset Local Safeguarding Adults Board (LSAB) is committed to ensuring that all agencies work together to minimise the risk of abuse or neglect to adults and to safeguard effectively where abuse or neglect has or may have occurred.
The overarching purpose if the LSAB is to:
- assure itself that local safeguarding arrangements are in place as defined by the Care Act 2014
- prevent abuse and neglect where possible
- ensure timely and proportionate responses when abuse or neglect have occurred
The LSAB will lead adult safeguarding across the area and oversee and coordinate the effectiveness of safeguarding work of its partner agencies. It is also concerned with a range of matters which contribute to the prevention of abuse and neglect such as the safety of patients in local health services and the quality of local care and support services.
The LSAB in Bath and North East Somerset work together to the following principles:
- Safeguarding is everybody’s business and doing nothing is not an option
- Everyone has the right to live their life free from violence, fear and abuse
- All adults have the right to be protected from harm and exploitation
- All adults have the right to independence that involves a degree of risk
- Empowerment, Prevention, Proportionality, Protection, Partnership and Accountability (the six principles from Care Act 2014)
What Does the LSAB do?
Through its core duties The Board has the responsibility to/for:-
- Developing and publishing an Annual Strategic Plan
- Publishing an Annual Report
- Arranging Safeguarding Adult reviews for any cases which meet the criteria for these, to promote effective learning and improvement action to prevent future deaths or serious harm occurring again.
- Operational functions specified under Schedule 2 of the Care Act 2014
LSAB Structure and Terms of Reference
There are six sub groups of the LSAB:
- Training and Development sub group - Terms of Reference (July 2017)
- Policy and Procedure sub group - Terms of Reference (Nov 2016)
- Quality Assurance Audit and Performance Management sub group - Terms of Reference (June 2017)
- Mental Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards sub group - Terms of Reference (Dec 2018)
- Awareness, Engagement and Communications sub group - Terms of Reference (May 2017)
- Safeguarding Adults Review sub group Terms of Reference (March 2019)