2. How to report abuse

If anyone is in immediate danger, always call 999 and ask for the Police

If you are concerned that someone is at risk of being abused, please don't hesitate to get in touch by calling a specialist adviser on 01225 396000.

Please use the form to make a referral   Safeguarding Referral Form

There are many different types of abuse that can take place anywhere at any time. People in need of care and support are at particular risk of being harmed and it is important that everyone in their community is alert to this risk. Those at risk of harm include anyone with a physical or sensory disability or illness, people who are elderly or frail, have dementia, a learning disability or a mental health problem.

Domestic abuse is any kind of abuse that happens between people with an intimate or family relationship. Find out about how to report a concern about domestic abuse.

If you are concerned about a child being abused, find out about how to report a concern about child abuse.

If you want to know more about our policies, B&NES Community Safety & Safeguarding Partnership (BCSSP), leaflets, posters and more please visit our adult safeguarding pages on this site.

What will happen if I report a concern about abuse?

We work at all times to help people live independently at home. We will deal with your concern sensitively and quickly, respecting the rights of all concerned. We provide help, in partnership with B&NES Community Services (Virgin Care) and other relevant organisations to protect and support anyone who has suffered abuse and neglect.

I don't want anyone to know that I reported my concern

We will talk to you about all further action that we will take. We will take your wishes and feelings into consideration and maintain confidentiality unless this is impossible.

How do I report a concern about child abuse?

Call the children, families assessment and intervention team on 01225 396312 or 01225 396313. Find out more...

How do I report a concern about domestic abuse?

If anyone is in immediate danger dial 999.

If you are not in immediate danger but you are experiencing abuse from a family member or partner, please contact any of the following as they are waiting to help you:

Find out more about domesic abuse…

If you you want to know more about our policies, Local Safeguarding Adults Board (LSAB), leaflets, posters and more please visit our LSAB pages on this site.

Where can I get help?

If someone is in immediate danger, dial 999 and ask for the police.

Reporting a concern that an adult is at risk of abuse or neglect 
If you are worried that someone might be experiencing abuse or neglect, please don’t hesitate to report your concern by calling Sirona Care and Health on 01225 396000.

Reporting a concern about a child or young person 
Call the children, families assessment and intervention team on 01225 396312 or 01225 396313. Find out more...

To report a concern about domestic abuse or hate crime
Call Avon and Somerset Police on 101.

Find out about the multi agency safeguarding policy and procedures including the work of the Local Safeguarding Adults Board (LSAB) by looking at the LSAB pages on this site.

General information
Victim Support is the national independent charity that offers support to victims of crime.

Action on Elder Abuse aims to prevent abuse of older people by raising awareness, and by education, promotion, research, collection and dissemination of information.

The Advocacy Project have produced an easy-to-read booklet called Action on Bullying. This may be particularly useful if you or someone you know has a learning disability.

The Foundation for People With Learning Disabilities has produced an easy-read leaflet called 'Loneliness and Cruelty' in which people with learning disabilities describe their experience of harassment, abuse and related crime in the community.

The Easy Health website has gathered together various  easy-read leaflets and videos which will help people with learning disabilities to understand what abuse is, and to know what to do if they think they are being subjected to abuse.

Mencap have produced an easy-read fact sheet about bullying.

Our colleagues at Suffolk County Council have produced an excellent video which explains more about abuse and neglect, and may be particularly helpful for people with learning disabilities or dementia.

The This is Abuse website provides specialist advice on what to do if you find yourself in an abusive relationship with your husband or wife, or boyfriend or girlfriend.